CORRUPTION

 


CORRUPTION






It's in everything.

We all have a threshold, for pain, suffering, love and of course, corruption. The matter at hand is why and for whom we do it, the reasons behind oneself's degradation.

Most common is money. Maybe because it is the most mundane thing, that one we are in contact easily or the typical theme is everyone's mouth. However, Underwood, in House of cards, explains to us, from the beginning, those differences between money and power. We, poor people, do it for money; rich ones, already have it so they want power. Why? Because they can. 

This is not a critique, though. We all fall for these things. Frankly speaking, only a few have a cosmic importance in life (family? friendship?), as we, humans, are a small anomaly, in a distant planet, from a peripheral system, in the extreme of the galaxy, that God knows where precisely is, the same expression, my physical chemistry teacher, Mr. Sanchez Burgos (I bow) used to employ. Corruption, then, would be more a sport, due to its constant apparitions in mass media, than an action (or cause) and could be practiced even when we are bored.

It is difficult for me. I get stained with small daily activities: when I make white lies, I am in denial or I don't give my sincere opinion to avoid confrontation or hurt anybody. I feel particularly useless with the latter. Having said that, for bigger things, like promotions, high salaries, bring more clients to the company, it gets painful, mainly because the only person I am going to live with from now on, it will be me and organically, I have scruples and can become a bit obsessive about it. It will not take to any good place. I wish I had the capacity, exhibited by some individuals I met during my professional career, but as I elucidated above, I would not be able to look at the man in the mirror. There is a stop, a fence, an inner obstacle, that prevents me and by getting older, I am more conscious of my own decisions. This does not help.

Worst related feature to corruption is pretentiousness. I do not care about being overtaken, surpassed in knowledge or skills, there will always be people with less limitations or more abilities. You have to accept it. What I do not like is evil trading (i.e., ass-kissing), and those prone to wrongfulness, these people that do whatever it takes to get the proverbial golden throne, just to turn and remember that they are better than you, only because they fill a higher (aha) position. But for all this, my ego is the one to be blamed.

This is another different story, though.

Comentarios

Entradas populares